This is something I wanted to share and hopefully bring awareness to the importance of having WORKING smoke detectors in your home. Below are photos of a friend's house. There was an electrical fire that started in the attic in the middle of the night. He heard the smoke detectors going off, saw smoke and went out his bedroom window. These photos show just how deadly a fire can be. No one was injured, but his Victorian home that he had spent the last 2-3 years restoring was destroyed. Please check your smoke detector's regularly to make sure they work. If you have children, the fire department will give you stickers for your windows letting them know a child is in that room. They will also come inspect your home for free and give you tips on keeping safe.
Photo 1: The house
Photo 2: What is left of a brand new stainless fridge
Photo 3: Used to be a coffee/espresso maker!!!
Photo 4: Looking into the kitchen.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
I love spring and fall. I love to garden, even though right now I don't have much time for it. I have to do my planting early before the dreaded mosquitoes arrive, then I'm inside for the rest of the summer. I had a chance the other day to walk around my neighborhood and take some photos. Then I had a little fun changing them up a bit. Hope you enjoy them.